Collect GNSS metadata in Survey123?

Jump to solution
02-15-2017 06:38 PM
deleted-user-9zlChDJzM-SF
New Contributor III

Last year Collector came out with a release that allowed you to collect the metadata from an external GNSS receiver. I was wondering if that same workflow is possible through Survey123?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Shawn,

It looks like not yet from reading this post:

Survey123 for ArcGIS 

If using external GNSS receivers, metadata such as 'Receiver', 'PDOP','HDOP','VDOP','Fix Type','Number of Satellites' or 'Fix time' will not be persisted in the geopoint. Storing this metadata from the external receiver is a feature that may be considered for upcoming releases.

It might be a good idea to suggest this idea at ArcGIS Ideas‌ or Issues · Esri/Survey123Community · GitHub 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Shawn,

It looks like not yet from reading this post:

Survey123 for ArcGIS 

If using external GNSS receivers, metadata such as 'Receiver', 'PDOP','HDOP','VDOP','Fix Type','Number of Satellites' or 'Fix time' will not be persisted in the geopoint. Storing this metadata from the external receiver is a feature that may be considered for upcoming releases.

It might be a good idea to suggest this idea at ArcGIS Ideas‌ or Issues · Esri/Survey123Community · GitHub 

AdamInglis1
Occasional Contributor

I was hoping the Add GNSS Metadata Fields to a hosted feature service would work on a Survey123 hosted feature service.  The fields get added, but I wasn't able to populated them like I am in Collector, perhaps because the geopoint still isn't storing this data?

0 Kudos
SharonUngerer_DNREC
New Contributor II

Check out the GNSS Values and Location Quality Expressions template on ArcGIS Survey123 Connect

SharonUngerer_DNREC_0-1623420691622.png

I have not tried using a similar setup with an existing feature service....yet!

0 Kudos