code 400 not supported columns cannot be added to view services

Jump to solution
01-26-2021 04:40 PM
MTI
by
New Contributor II

Hi - I originally created my survey in the web designer then had to add spanish translation in Survey123 Connect.  After publishing in connect (which originally worked fine), I had to update and add a question which is on Line 22 of the xls form.  I'm now getting the "code 400 not supported columns cannot be added to view services" error and not sure how to fix.  Help please!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

One way to fix this would be (assuming you have Survey123 Connect 3.11)

• In Connect, use the Save As option in your surveys's card (in the gallery) and create a new copy of your survey.
  • Do NOT publish your survey right after creating the copy through Save as. Instead. Refresh your survey using the Update button in the left toolbar and once it has been refreshed, publish.

If you take the steps above, you will be creating a brand new survey.

If you already have data in the old survey, you can download it in Excel of File Geodatabase format from ArcGIS.com and then use the Append option (in the Feature Layer Item Details page) against your surveys layer to add back all the data you have.

Part of the problem here is that Survey123 designer creates feature layer views and Connect does not know how to handle with them properly. If you start another survey in designer and you see you need to update it from Connect, it is always best to download the survey, create a copy (save as) and then publish a brand new survey.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

One way to fix this would be (assuming you have Survey123 Connect 3.11)

• In Connect, use the Save As option in your surveys's card (in the gallery) and create a new copy of your survey.
  • Do NOT publish your survey right after creating the copy through Save as. Instead. Refresh your survey using the Update button in the left toolbar and once it has been refreshed, publish.

If you take the steps above, you will be creating a brand new survey.

If you already have data in the old survey, you can download it in Excel of File Geodatabase format from ArcGIS.com and then use the Append option (in the Feature Layer Item Details page) against your surveys layer to add back all the data you have.

Part of the problem here is that Survey123 designer creates feature layer views and Connect does not know how to handle with them properly. If you start another survey in designer and you see you need to update it from Connect, it is always best to download the survey, create a copy (save as) and then publish a brand new survey.

MTI
by
New Contributor II

Thank you so much. Publishing as brand new did the trick. 

0 Kudos
RichardSanchez1
New Contributor

This worked like a charm for me when I tried to exactly what was described, making changes to a form in Connect after it had been published.

0 Kudos
ShaneFeirer
New Contributor III

Good afternoon Ismael,

I was having the 400 not supported columns... error when trying to add a new column in Survey123.  I created a copy and published the survey as you requested, however, I am not able to append data to the survey as you suggested.  I have included the XLSX file and I could send the data seperately if that is helpful.

0 Kudos
GdB_Admin
New Contributor III

You also can add in the field (if that is why you are getting the error) right into ArcGIS Online. It is failing to add the new field. add it right into the data table and it will have no issue publishing after that. 

Thank you for your time on this. Please let me know if you have any questions