Select to view content in your preferred language

Characters in Pro Domain Values not Recognized in Survey123

07-28-2023 11:10 AM
EllieDesgranges2
New Contributor

Hello!

I've run into a couple instances where the apostrophes I use in our EGIS database (U+2019) are not recognized in Survey123 Connect or the field app. Both seem to be converting them to a different type (U+0027).

One survey was created from a referenced feature layer published to Portal and the other from a hosted feature layer in AGOL. The image below is from the latter; I didn't get this error when publishing the former (could've been due to an older version of Connect). Both surveys were created from the same EGIS domain.

EllieDesgranges2_1-1690566871298.png

If I publish the survey regardless of the above notification, as I did with the Portal feature service, all entries submitted in Survey123 are store with U+0027 apostrophes in the EGIS database. This means those domain values do not match the EGIS domain because of the apostrophe discrepancy.

Moreover, I've had to write a script to update the EGIS database and convert the U+0027 apostrophes to U+2019 so that the error would stop causing post-processing issues. Previously, if I had an if statement to compare values between the Survey123 submissions and the EGIS domain, it wouldn't be recognized because of the apostrophes.

I've also checked in AGOL and on the Connect xls form; the apostrophes in the domain codes and values match those in the EGIS domain on both accounts. The error seems to arise in the Survey123 application and Connect.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Thank you for any insights you might have,

Ellie Desgranges

0 Kudos
0 Replies