Select to view content in your preferred language

Change of behavior for hidden geopoint

06-21-2018 06:59 AM
OlivierDemars1
New Contributor III

Hi,

We have a form (attached) that allows to choose a community from a list. In the form (external choices), the lat/long for all the communities are defined which allows to assign (by pulldata) the lat/long of the chosen community to the geopoint.

We want this process to happen in the background so the geopoint is hidden by a relevant clause. The geopoint only appears if the users cannot find the community he is interested in in the list; the users can then set up the geopoint manually.

This was working fine until 2.7. It seems that there was a change in the management of hidden geopoint. 

Now the only way to have my form work is to remove the relevant clause from the geopoint which unfortunately allow user to modify the geopoint.

How can I prevent the geopoint to take the device current location when hidden? Or how can I have my geopoint calculation take priority over the device current location?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Olivier,

Currently it is not possible to have a hidden field submit geopoint (point geometry) data.  We are looking to support this in a future release.

0 Kudos