Cannot open link to Survey123 on Android tablet, but works on Apple devices

04-06-2022 10:53 AM
Strahanjen
Occasional Contributor II

I added a link to a popup that the user can click in Field Maps to open a survey in Survey123, but I cannot get the link to work on Android devices. I've tried the following link formats. They both work on my apple devices, but neither works on our android tablets. I'm hoping to get this working before field season begins in May. 

We're using Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3 tablets with Android 11, Field Maps version 22.1.0, and Survey123 version 3.14.242. 

First I tried this:

https://survey123.arcgis.app/?itemID=e9f20ebfe0c6400f999cea512b60832e&action=edit&folder=inbox&updat...

The resulting link is clickable in the popup, but when I click it, a web page opens with the following message "ArcGIS Survey123 Download on your mobile device to fill out this form." Survey123 is installed on the device.

I also tried this link format:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=baa40d5554ca4807bd6b3ce9e58db098&action=edit&folder=inbox&update=true&filter=05RD115

The problem with this link is it is not clickable on our tablets. 

@JamesTedrick I'm tagging you because you responded to a similar thread linked below. The other user was able to click on a Survey123 icon at the top of his browser window to open Survey123, but I don't see an icon on our tablets. 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/survey123-not-working-after-update-to-andro...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos
Strahanjen

Hi Deon,

Thanks for the suggestion. This link does work on Android, but only if users are online. Do you know of a solution for offline field crews? Our crews are working offline 50% of the time. 

0 Kudos
Strahanjen

I finally figured out how to get the links working on Android for offline users: 

Using the Classic Map Viewer, go to the popup configuration, choose "A custom attribute display" for the popup contents, click configure, add a link and then put the URL in like this: arcgis-survey123://?itemID=baa40d5554ca4807bd6b3ce9e58db098&action=edit&folder=inbox&update=true&filter={FieldNum}&open=native