Cannot get offline map to show up in app

02-18-2019 11:48 AM
JohnSquires
New Contributor

I have been able to download a .tpk file to my iPhone. However, I'm unable to bring it up on the Survey123 App map. After reading multiple questions and blog posts surrounding this workflow I'm still at a loss. There are two things I'm seeing that could possibly be a problem.

1) After changing the .info JSON file as described in this workflow: Prepare basemaps for offline use—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  the .info file gets overwritten when you hit the Publish button within the Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS desktop app. Is there a work around for this? It seems that the Publish button is reading the XSForm or something similar to determine what the .info file should be and then re(creating) it.

2) I do not see the map on my Survey123 app (on my iPhone) at either Settings/Storage/View Map Library or in the survey's dropdown menu of basemap choices (Map Types). 

Since I downloaded the .tpk file through my Firefox App on my iPhone it's in a Firefox/Downloads folder. How would the app know to look here and if it doesn't how do I get the file to the right place on my iPhone?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnStowell
New Contributor III

This workflow is working for me. To confirm, you've associated the shared tpk with the survey as the link mentions?

Can we have a look at your .info file? 

The cloud hosted tpk should be available in the "Download Maps" menu option when viewing the survey description on your device.

0 Kudos