Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey Description in Survey123 Connect

Jump to solution
02-12-2019 02:34 PM
JevaughnHenry
New Contributor III

While using Survey123 Connect, how do I get the survey description to be displayed at the top of the survey as is available when creating a survey in the web designer of Survey123? 

Is this feature only available through the web designer?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jevaughn,

You can add a note and add html in Survey123 Connect to serve as the Description.  One way to see how this looks is to download a previously created survey using Survey123 Connect that was originally published from the web.  As a precaution, I would do this with a test survey, as once you download a survey and republish with Survey123 Connect, you will no longer be able to use the Design mode for that survey in the web designer.

Best,

Brandon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jevaughn,

You can add a note and add html in Survey123 Connect to serve as the Description.  One way to see how this looks is to download a previously created survey using Survey123 Connect that was originally published from the web.  As a precaution, I would do this with a test survey, as once you download a survey and republish with Survey123 Connect, you will no longer be able to use the Design mode for that survey in the web designer.

Best,

Brandon

JevaughnHenry
New Contributor III

I tried this out your suggestion and it seems that the Note question type is how the description is displayed in the survey. Thank you.