Cannot default basemap in public survey

Jump to solution
03-26-2021 02:44 AM
ColinCampbell1
New Contributor III

I've created a survey in Connect that I want the public to use through a web browser.  I've set the basemap to default as the 'imagery with labels' map and this is what displays in Connect.  When I publish the survey and view it in a browser that I'm signed into (using my organisational AGO account) the basemaps is as intended.  However, when I look at it without being signed in (as the public would) it defaults to the plain imagery map.

I've tried defaulting it to multiple other maps and they always display when I'm signed in, but the form always defaults to the plain imagery map when I'm not.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

I'm using version 3.12.230.  I note there was this bug before, but it say's it's fixed - also my issue is the default is not honoured in a public, non-signed form only.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. I believe the problem is that your webmap is not shared publicly.  If the Survey123 web app cannot load the web map you specify it will use the default basemap of your org as a back up. To solve this problem, make sure your web map (and all layers in it) are shared publicly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. I believe the problem is that your webmap is not shared publicly.  If the Survey123 web app cannot load the web map you specify it will use the default basemap of your org as a back up. To solve this problem, make sure your web map (and all layers in it) are shared publicly.

ColinCampbell1
New Contributor III

That's exactly what it was - thank you!

0 Kudos