Select to view content in your preferred language

Can you auto-populate a text field in a way that allows the user to edit the response?

Jump to solution
08-24-2021 11:53 AM
EricCaldwellAK
Occasional Contributor

Our agency is utilizing Survey123 Connect to record compliance data. There are places in the survey where the data entrant utilizes model language to explain the given score (e.g., "An adopted FY[yy] budget was not provided before the [mm/dd/yy] documents deadline.").

I have been asked if it is possible to autofill model language into the text box that can then be modified by the user (e.g., "An adopted FY22 budget was not provided before the 06/30/2021 documents deadline.") so that they don't have to retype the model language in its entirety. Complicating the matter, which model language is utilized is dependent on what score the entity received, so what autofills into the box has to be different depending on selections from one or more select_one responses earlier in the survey.

Is there a good way to achieve this in Survey123 connect?

11 Replies
EricCaldwellAK
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, Doug.

Kind of what you describe, but not quite. Think of it as if your Standard Comments were dependent on prior responses, appeared in your Q1 Notes field based on those dependencies, then could be edited freehand within the Q1 Notes field. The Notes would prepopulate, but the prepopulated field could then be edited by the user.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ok the only way I know of to use a prior field is in the calculation column.  So that means a big If statement or as posted use several hidden fields and concat at the end.

This was kinda asked here and I just added to it.  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/understanding-dynamic-labels-in-survey123-for/bc...   Would be a cool idea to make your list values dynamic.  Kinda messes up domains but those do not sync anyway.

Tough one - good luck.

0 Kudos