Can't pull data from service

Jump to solution
11-08-2021 08:41 AM
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

We are using portals. I made a Survey123 form using the pull data function to pull HR data from the HR service. When new users tried to use the form, the pull data doesn't work while the existing users can pull data. So I made a form without pulling data, and they can submit data. So it looks like the portal connection is working.

Today I tried to test the user's Survey123 with the test portal, then realized I can't add the test portal to the user's Survey123. When I add the test portal, the portal name should be "Test Portal" but in his Survey123, it's "ArcGIS Enterprise (https://.....the test portal URL...), and when I tried to sign in to the test portal, it leads to ArcGIS Online login.

YukoYokozawa_0-1636389199967.png

Are these two separate problems? Or the forms can't pull data because of the portal connection?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @YukoYokozawa,

Are you sure those users who can access the production portal, also have access to the test portal? Is it possible those new users were only added to production and not test environment?

As for the JS function, are the users online, signed in, and from the same org? Do you add any users from another org via sharing groups? For JS functions to work, the user must be signed in and online (if you are using online resources to other services) and be from the same org the survey was published to.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @YukoYokozawa,

From your screenshot the login screen is the Portal login page, it is not ArcGIS Online. Based on the Sign In text at the top it is trying to connect to "Gas GIS Portal- Test".

As for the pulldata() issue, I believe that is not connected to trying to sign into the Portal, those are different issues. Can you provide more info about the pulldata() issue?

Can you share the XLSForm (xlsx file and the CSV and other files from media folder)?

Are you using Linked Content, what service type does the pulldata() expression connect to, or are you using search?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Hi Phil, 

Thanks for your reply. 

For the test portal problem, the login doesn't work with our username and password for the portal. I'll find users tomorrow and test it again to see if the portal login works or not.

For the pulldata() issue. It's pulling personnel data from our HR service using our custom javascript. It should show the user's ID and name, or the user can pull another employee's information by entering their ID. I can attach the xls but can't provide you with the HR service. I also attached JS.

This problem does not occur to all the users only some new users. But not all the new users. And all the uses are using a windows computer. The HR service type is a table.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @YukoYokozawa,

Are you sure those users who can access the production portal, also have access to the test portal? Is it possible those new users were only added to production and not test environment?

As for the JS function, are the users online, signed in, and from the same org? Do you add any users from another org via sharing groups? For JS functions to work, the user must be signed in and online (if you are using online resources to other services) and be from the same org the survey was published to.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply! Yes, you are right, I didn't add the user to the test portal.

For the JS function, I set up Survey123 with them, so I saw they were able to add the portal and download the form. When they opened the form for the first time, the pull didn't work. I let them go back and sign out and in, then go back to the form, still not working. I also made a form without pulldata (user put the information manually), then they were able to submit the survey.

I'm trying to get the user and do some more testing but I can't find anyone available the last few days. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

I found out that the service layer for the pull data were not shared with the group. Thanks!