Can't download Report PDFs, but can generate Sample Reports??

06-22-2023 08:54 PM
acatbyanyothername
New Contributor II

Hey all, I have a survey that I've been fine-tuning for a while. I uploaded an updated report template today, and was able to preview sample reports, but after generating the actual PDF, when I hit the 'download' arrow, I got taken to an Error 400 page. This hasn't happened to me before, any ideas on what the problem might be?

I attached a screenshot of the sample PDFs that seem to generate without a hitch, and then also a screenshot of the error when I try to download the high-resolution report. I've tried both docx and pdf as well. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @acatbyanyothername

Are you working in ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise? If you are in ArcGIS Online your reports should automatically be uploaded to the folder where your survey resides in your ArcGIS Content. If you download that item is the same behavior observed? 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
acatbyanyothername
New Contributor II

Hi @ZacharySutherby thanks so much for the reply, I'm on ArcGIS Online, and unlike for previous surveys, I can't find the PDFs in the content folder for this survey. It seems as though it generates under the report section of the 'Data' tab, but then doesn't actually create the document in the Survey's content folder. I was worried maybe I messed something up with the feature layer...? But the actual survey responses came through to the Map Feature Layer without a problem so I don't think that's it...? I'm still really new to Survey123, so I'm just at a loss for how to fix this, especially since the sample reports are generating just fine. I attached screenshots of the content folder for survey I'm having issues with (FMT Condition Assessment), and the content folder for a previous survey that was a draft/test version that had no issues. 

0 Kudos
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@acatbyanyothername 

The behaviour is odd, especially for ArcGIS Online. From a troubleshooting perspective, may you confirm if the same issue occurs for other surveys?

Thanks

0 Kudos
acatbyanyothername
New Contributor II

Hi @Richard_Purkis , yeah it doesn't occur with other surveys... I've attached some photos. The PDFs seem to 'generate' on the report section of the 'Data' tab, but then don't show up in the content folder. Have included screenshots of this problem survey, as well as for another survey that doesn't have this issue... thanks so much

0 Kudos
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @acatbyanyothername 

Thanks for the update. Has the survey folder in ArcGIS Online been moved / modified? 

Are you able to try republishing the survey (without making any edits) and test generating a report again?

Failing that, would making a new "duplicate" survey that references the existing data via a submission url be a workaround for you? This will make a new folder and form in ArcGIS Online which I why it should be an alternative workaround.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
acatbyanyothername
New Contributor II

alrighty, so I tried republishing the survey, and re-uploading the report template, without success. Then I made a copy of the survey, published that new version, and the report still wouldn't download... I'm at such a loss! Is there something in the report template that might be off? I just feel like I would get an error during the syntax check or something, but everything else seems to run smoothly so I'm just very confused...

0 Kudos
acatbyanyothername
New Contributor II

Had another thought @Richard_Purkis and @ZacharySutherby ... the Survey was published in version 3.18, but the field app used to submit the survey responses I'm trying to download is version 3.14.242... but this shouldn't be affecting the downloads, right? After publishing an entirely new survey, and also a new copy of the report template, I'm still having no luck even though the sample report PDFs are generating fine. Won

0 Kudos
acatbyanyothername
New Contributor II

Okay, so I realized... the last survey I didn't have issues with was published in V 3.17, and these new ones are published in V3.18. I made a test survey with one question and still the same issue: used the field app to submit the response, couldn't generate the report via ArcGis Online. It must be the version having an issue? Not sure where to report/discuss this?

0 Kudos
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @acatbyanyothername 

I cannot reproduce the issue at 3.18 on an internal subscription so it is either:

• an issue with your subscription you should reach out to Technical Support
  • an environmental change at your end

Hope this helps

0 Kudos