Dynamic Content not working in Power Automate for some surveys and not others

Jump to solution
04-11-2023 11:33 AM
mattkramer
Occasional Contributor

Hello, I am wondering what settings could cause dynamic content to not work for a survey in power automate. I currently have 2 forms set up and 1 of them has dynamic content showing up in power automate and the other does not. I have attached two screenshots showing them both in power automate. These are using the same Survey123 connector and are both owned by me.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot why the one isn't working?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DenisLalonde
New Contributor III

Looks like this issue was logged as a bug in April and already updated to "fixed" with the recent June release. The "fixed bug" appears to still be present when published in Survey123 web however. The workaround is to publish via Survey123 Connect.

BUG-000157777 for ArcGIS Survey123 (esri.com)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @mattkramer

It may be best to reach out to Esri Technical Support to further troubleshoot the behavior. A couple of things I would suggest checking are: 

- Try creating the flow from scratch, if you used one of the templates with the Survey123 connector we have a few known issues with the templates in Power Automate. 

- If the same behavior occurs when creating the flow from scratch it would be helpful to capture the web traffic when the survey is selected. When the survey is selected a `listDynamicProperties` request should be made that returns the information used in the dynamic content. This request may be failing and in the response of the request there may be an error message as to why it failed. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
mattkramer
Occasional Contributor

Hey @ZacharySutherby,

Thank you for the reply, I was able to get a little more information from the web traffic. I am getting a 502 error that looks like this:

The response from API 'survey123' operation 'GetWebhookPayloadSchema' with status code '200' does not contain a valid OpenAPI schema object.

I will open a case and report back with how that goes.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Kim_Graham
New Contributor III

Were you able to find a solution?  I am having the same issue with a set up flow - it is still working, but I cannot add any new dynamic content.  I attempted to create a new flow with a fresh connection and cannot get any dynamic content in it.  

0 Kudos
DenisLalonde
New Contributor III

Looks like this issue was logged as a bug in April and already updated to "fixed" with the recent June release. The "fixed bug" appears to still be present when published in Survey123 web however. The workaround is to publish via Survey123 Connect.

BUG-000157777 for ArcGIS Survey123 (esri.com)