Select to view content in your preferred language

Can I stop geopoint from autopopulating with the current location?

07-17-2024 12:13 PM
jcucsc
by
New Contributor III

I have several geopoint questions and want to avoid having the geopoint auto-populate to the location where the survey is happening - just open a map without automatically dropping a pin.

So my first question is: Is it possible to prevent the geopoint questions//maps from autopopulating (dropping a pin at the device location).

An alternative workaround I thought of could be to set it to autopopulate in a very specific location (and if it is left there that's our indication that the person did not actually drop a pin).

So second question is: Can we set the geopoint questions to autopopulate at a very specific location (no matter where the device is)? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @jcucsc

Please see the Defaults section of the Geopoints documentation for more information. You can prevent the geopoint from auto populating with the devices location by using `null` in the default column of the XLSForm. 

You can also set specific coordinates to set the geopoint location by default, or you can calculate the geopoint based on a preset coordinate location. For more information on dynamically calculating the geopoint location please see the "Calculate Location from CSV" sample in Connect. 

Thank you,
Zach