Calculation resets and overwrites manually changed value when reopened to edit

09-12-2017 04:21 PM
ScottBailey3
New Contributor III

In my survey I have calculations that populate fields that can also be manually edited. The problem is, after a survey is completed, if the survey is then reopened to make edits, the calculation overwrites the value that was changed manually. Is there anyway to stop this from happening. Specifically it is a calculated geopoint from pulldata (for a general location), that the user can go then into the map and move to a more specific location. It keeps getting reset when the survey is reopened for editing.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Scott,

There currently isn't a way to stop calculations from altering values incoming from the inbox. In your case, would you be wanting to ignore only the first attempt at calculation, or all attempts at calculating?

0 Kudos
ScottBailey3
New Contributor III

I want to stop calculations on the form loading. Only want them when the selection is changed.

Scott

0 Kudos
ScottBailey3
New Contributor III

So yes. ignore on the first attempt at calculation. Specifically the calculation is within a repeat that get trigger outside of the repeat. Being able to put the expression as the default value would solve this, although I believe its not possible to have an if statement or pull data expression as the default, correct?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the description- I've added it as an enhancement issue for Survey123.

0 Kudos
SuuLe
by
New Contributor

We also have same situations, could you update the issues?

0 Kudos
BE4
by
New Contributor II

Any update on this issue? 

0 Kudos