Calculation in repeat not working

03-09-2022 01:59 PM
nspittlemeister_LCFPD
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have a simple calculation in a repeat that is not working. I had this setup and it was working great, but now to get it to work in the mobile app, I have to delete the first repeat record and then add a new record for the calculation to work. Below are the fields and calculation from the XLS form.

typenamerequiredreadonlycalculation
decimalCU_MIXyes  
decimalCU_TOTALGALyes  
decimalCU_AMOUNTyesyes(${CU_MIX}*0.01)*${CU_TOTALGAL}

This is what the mobile app looks like when the repeat record loads and numbers are entered into the CU_MIX field (% Conc. of Mix) and the CU_TOTGAL (Total Gallons of Mix Used) field. The calculated field CU_AMOUNT (Amount of Chemical Applied) is blank.

nspittlemeister_LCFPD_0-1646862340225.png

But after deleting the first repeat record and adding a new record, the calculation works perfectly:

nspittlemeister_LCFPD_1-1646862480458.png

I'm running version 3.14.237 in the mobile app and Version 3.14.256 in Connect. This  calculation was working without issues a few weeks ago when I first set it up, but now it's not working. Both the mobile app and Connect were upgraded between then and now, could that be associated with this issue? Or do I have the calculation setup incorrectly in the repeat?

Thank you for the help.

Nick

0 Kudos
1 Reply
nspittlemeister_LCFPD
Occasional Contributor

An update...I found a workaround that works well for now. I set the appearance of the begin_repeat to minimal, so the initial record isn't created until the user selects the add related record button in the field app. This makes the calculation work normally.

Nick