Beta Website Reports generating reports with same date instead of unique dates from selected field

07-14-2021 06:48 AM
LeonardBarnhill
Occasional Contributor

Since 3.12 -ish generated reports have not correctly produced titles using the selected date field. This does not matter if using .doc or .pdf format for deliverable.  I have set up the report name to include a date field (todays_date) and verified this is the correct name of the field, so that each report would have a unique name.  This has worked until version 3.12.???  I normally remove the OID field added by default since the date is more important to my clients.  See the attachment showing the report settings from S123 Beta website.  Once I move the ZIP file to the proper location and extract the individual files, all reports have the same date but the OID has been added to make each report name unique.  All reports have the date of the first report in the attribute table on the website. I am sorting the table by ${todays_date} prior to selecting reports to download.  hmmmm.   See the Report ExtractResults.jpg attached.

Is there something that has changed recently in Reports on the Beta Website?  Is there something I am now missing in the setup?  Is there a work-around beside manually correcting the date and deleting the OID of the report name?

I have several projects generating daily reports so this has gotten much more time consuming than originally expected.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonardBarnhill
Occasional Contributor

An update, I tried generating the same report without sorting the table on the Beta Website.  All reports have the same data in the title - the downloaded reports all use the data of the first item in the table.

0 Kudos
LeonardBarnhill
Occasional Contributor

A song comes to mind but it sure dates me... "Another day older and deeper in debt..."  but it could be in this case  Another week older and nothing has changed...  I once again published reports from the Survey123 Beta Website and once again the reports all have the same date.  I need to open each one to get the correct date then change the name of the report to the correct date.  I publish both as .DOC and as .PDF with the same results.  I have opened the form in Connect and verified the field name for the reported date is correct.  Could it be a problem with the default value set as "today()"?  Is there another option for getting today's date as the default"?  This is working since each report does have the correct recorded date but is this causing a problem in the reporting function on the beta website?  Just tossing out ideas.

Still awaiting work-around or suggestions.  Any one else having a similar problem?

0 Kudos