Basemaps not appearing in field app offline

06-20-2023 12:10 PM
VickiG
by
New Contributor III

Hello:

I have just had a slightly traumatizing week of trying to get offline maps working in Survey123 field app.  Thanks to the great resources online here...I was able to troubleshoot several problems.  (Problems also may be due to my general ArcGIS Pro knowledge which is very beginner and swiss cheesy 😉

Anyway, I have finally created a web map and .mmpk from desktop Pro and got them to show up in the survey offline (both web map and mmpk are in linked content in the survey, and the mmpk is also in the media folder). 

But the basemap is not showing up, just the feature shapefiles.  I was using the USGS National map as the US topo is too busy (with our shapefiles on there) and the other topo maps have hillshade (which I read will cause larger file size).

Before I start to mess with what is at least partially working, I thought I would ask if there are particular basemaps that do not work with web maps or mmpk?  Or if anyone has had this particular problem before? 

I was actually having the opposite problem previously, only the basemap would show up, no features (projection problems...now solved)

All users of the Survey are within the organization (university), so all basemaps I can see in ArcGIS Pro and AGOL should be available for offline use?

Also, this particular map is only for reference, we are not collecting any spatial data with this particular survey.  I have included the map as a geopoint with the Esri field type as null.

Thank you 

Vicki

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

For using Pro to get offline basemap content into a Mobile Map Package, this blog may help.

0 Kudos