Backup or transfer data from Draft box or Outbox

Jump to solution
11-30-2021 11:48 AM
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

I have a user who filled survey while he is in a field without a network connection, then send all data when he returned to the office.

Yesterday morning, he was ready to send the data, and then he got an error. It looks like our VPN problem, he might need to re-install Survey123. He still has 30+ data saved in the draft box (maybe in Outbox). If he needs to delete the app, he will lose all the data. 

Is there a way to back up the data in the draft box and recover them after he re-installed working Survey123? Or transfer the data to another device?

This situation happens sometimes, so I want to know if there is a way or not.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much!!! I was able to transfer test data from the Draft box on my iPad to the Desktop Field app! 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi mate! I got a survey error too and want to restore the submitted data to a new one (replicated from the error survey), could you please share the steps on how to do it please?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

You want to copy the answers from the past submitted data? If so, open the past data from the sent box or Inbox and select the "Copy data to a new Survey" option. Then all the answers will be copied to the new survey. You need to change the date and location if it's different for the new survey.

0 Kudos