Auto populate with select_multiple

03-04-2019 03:18 PM
IanBarwell
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I am trying to construct a survey where some answers at the end of a survey are prepopulated with answers from, essentially the same question, but are sometimes filled in by another worker, earlier in the survey using select_multiple.

It works fine with select_one using this syntax:

Type:                                   Name:                                   ...            Calculations:

select_one locations           dispatcher_location_if                         ${dispatcher_location}               

where 'dispatcher_location' is the Name to a previous question.

But, does not work with the following:

Type:                                          Name:                                   ...            Calculations:

select_multiple locations           dispatcher_location_if                         ${dispatcher_location}           

I would be grateful for any suggestions!

Thank you

Ian 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ian

Unfortunately, select_multiple questions do not support calculations. I've added this as an enhancement request and will update this GeoNet discussion if/when it is addressed.

As an aside, while perhaps not suitable in this case, it is possible to specify a default for a select_multiple question as described here: Prepopulate answers—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

Kind regards,

Jim

IanBarwell
New Contributor III

Thank you Jim

Ian

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ian,

Just an update to let you know that with the latest 3.8 beta update available on the Early Adopter Community (EAC), support for calculations on select multiple question types (select_multiple) has been added. If you are interested in testing out this latest new feature, please head over to EAC to download the beta builds and provide any feedback.

Regards,

Phil.