Auto populate non-relevant questions

07-27-2022 10:19 AM
DiegoBrenes1
New Contributor III

Hello

I am looking for a way to mark or highlight non-relevant fields in the  results or report of a questionnaire. For example, that in the report, if a question is not relevant, that field shows a text saying "Response not required" (if the non-relevance applies).

I need something like this so that the reviewers of a questionnaire can easily identify non-relevant fields and know that they were not just left empty by the data collector.

Any ideas on how I can achieve this?

Thank you

Diego

3 Replies
TroyGerhardt1
New Contributor III

Maybe some if/then statements in the report? Check out the thread and links here Survey123: Report Template if then statements - Esri Community

TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

I would create a note field with the same title.  If the item is relevant, it will appear and if the item is not relevant the note will appear (with a default answer); make the null fields.

DiegoBrenes1
New Contributor III

Thank you. I partly solved this with the following statement in the report:

${green_loan_env}

${if especial_credit | selected:“copeval”} Not required ${/}

However, my relevant expressions are more complex than one single operation and I could not figure how to include AND and OR on those expressions.  For example, I tried the following with an AND expression, but it didn't work:

${permisos_licencia_amb1}

${if especial_credit | selected: “emerg_ecu_banana2022” and cert | selected:“yes”} Not required ${/}

Any advice on how to incorporate that AND on the expression?

0 Kudos