Select to view content in your preferred language

Auto-answering subsequent question not always working

Jump to solution
yesterday
Trippetoe
Frequent Contributor

Hello.

In my survey I have two select_one questions (and one 'debugging note'). I'm auto-answering the second question based on the answer to the first question. But, it's possible that the user will want to manually override the auto-selected second question. For example, if the answer to Question 1 is 'Selection 2', then the answer in Question 2, must be 'Option B'. However, if the answer to Question 1 is 'Selection 1', then the answer to Question 2 is most often 'Option A', but rarely the answer could be 'Option C'. I'm using a 'Calculation' in Question 2 to set the auto answer. 

The process is working great as long as the user doesn't do a manual override. If the user selects the 'manual override' Option C in Question 2, and then goes back to Question 1 to select a new answer, the 'calculation' doesn't work anymore. In my debugger note, i can see that the Selected Value is updating whenever the question answer is updated, but the calculation isn't executing. How can I make the the auto-selection in Question 2 happen after any change in Question 1?

AutoPopulatingQuestion2Form.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trippetoe
Frequent Contributor

I got the behavior i was after by adding in a choice_filter for Question 2. that ended up limiting the answers based on the Question 1 answer. Probably a better way to go that what i was trying to do.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Trippetoe
Frequent Contributor

I got the behavior i was after by adding in a choice_filter for Question 2. that ended up limiting the answers based on the Question 1 answer. Probably a better way to go that what i was trying to do.

0 Kudos