Authentication Issue using Survey123 Website

11-09-2020 07:22 AM
SamJehle1
New Contributor III

Hello,

More of our users have been trying to leverage survey123.arcgis.com with our internal highly available ArcGIS Enterprise (10.6.1), however there has been an authentication issue using the website with surveys created in Survey123 Connect. Our environment uses integrated windows authentication.

Setting the portalUrl parameter for survey123.arcgis.com works with no issue. The OAuth approval message pops up and after hitting accept all available surveys are visible. However, when trying to browse to a survey to submit data users see an error depending on the version of the survey and no OAuth approval prompt occurs. These errors (attached as screenshots) for surveys owned by my account state:

• You cannot submit records to the survey since you are not Submitter or the Owner (v 3.3+)
  • You do not have permission to submit this survey record (v 3.11)

The first error has a support article suggesting solutions, however they did not fix our issue. All of the certificates have been imported in both ArcGIS Server and Portal. Using the developer tools in Chrome, there is an error stating "Uncaught (in promise)" with a code 499 or a "get empty token" message. It appears that I'm unable to retrieve a token. What is more strange, an older survey from Survey123 connect (v 3.0) prompts the OAuth approval and works with no issue after clicking approve.

Has anyone experienced this issue and come across a fix?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sam,

The issue you described above is pretty similar to this existing salesforce issue and we are looking into this now.

BUG-000134972 

When accessing a secure survey via the ArcGIS Survey123 website URL sharing, the "You do not have permission to submit this survey record. The feature service for this survey does not exist or is not accessible" error message is returned when Portal for ArcGIS is configured with Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA).

Could you contact Esri Support and our Support team will assign an official bug number for your records. This number can be used to search for and subscribe to the bug on the Esri Support site. If your issue is similar to this existing issue reported by other customers, it will be attached to the same bug report, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi Sam,

The bug BUG-000134972 has been fixed and available for testing on Survey123 BETA website (https://survey123beta.arcgis.com/). If it is possible could you please try our fix on the BETA website to see if that fix works for you?

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
SamJehle1
New Contributor III

Ruth,

After going through a few surveys I'm able to submit data using the BETA site. I am unable to submit data using the traditional website for these surveys. It appears the fix works!

Is there an anticipated timeline for implementing this fix?

Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi Sam,

Thanks a lot for the testing, the hotfix build will be released in mid-December. I will reply to this post, once the hotfix build is available on the production website.

Thanks,

Ruth 

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi Sam,

The fix is now available on the production website. Please leave a comment if you have any problem with the fix.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
Sunil26
New Contributor

Hi Ruth, this works with Beta website but not with production website. 

with production website it is still not working.

0 Kudos