Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Survey 123 won't use GPS Only or mocked locations

09-21-2017 10:22 AM
TonyDaSilva1
Regular Contributor

Hello, 

We are using an external receiver to improve location capture accuracy and the receiver and its app show a 1 Meter accuracy but survey123 is still saying 20m accuracy when a point is captured. If I switch the phone to GPS only, it then shows an error in Survey123. 

We are using Galaxy S8+, ArcGIS Survey 123 (2.4.7)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

Just to confirm,

1) Mock Locations have been enabled via Android Developer Settings

2) The app of the GPS provider is set as the Mock Locations provider in Developer Settings

3) The app itself has been configured to provide mock locations (if applicable; I tested on a Juniper Geode and that has to be enabled as well)?

I confirmed that an external GPS works with this workflow.  Note that there were changes between Android 6 & 7 in terms of this workflow.

TonyDaSilva1
Regular Contributor

Yes to all, Did you verify that the values and accuracy recorded in Survey123 are the same of the receiver? Try putting it to GPS Only in the Location method of the Android device.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Yes, the location and accuracy were the same.  I was validating using a Juniper Geode & their app - I'll attempt to duplicate with a Trimble device

0 Kudos
RichardBaxter1
New Contributor

Hi

I am having exactly the same problem. We have various mobile devices running Android version 6, Timble R1 recievers and we downloaded the latest version of survey123 yesterday.

The R1 is working but the improved position is not being used by survey123.  This worked brilliently a couple of months ago during our testing and now doesn't. 

Any help / solutions would be greatly appreciated as our job is now live.

(We also have an iPhone available but this appeared to have the same issue)

Thank you.