Select to view content in your preferred language

Adding Repeats to a Group

Jump to solution
09-04-2024 12:24 PM
ScottJones1
Regular Contributor

I am trying to create a Survey123 Connect. Date, Name, Activity. The Activity Choice will open various Groups. Some Activities will open only one Group, others multiple Groups. Within these groups, there are selections that will most likely be multiple selections (but I want to repeat these options vs multiple select so that when reviewing data the entries will be individual and not grouped). But... the Repeat requires an additional open once the group has been selected. So users expand the Group, then have to expand the repeat. I would prefer once the group is expanded, the selection options show and the repeat option is at the bottom.

activity_repeat.jpg

Is there a way to skip the initial open/open?

activity_repeat_1.jpg

I have multiple groups and it just seems tedious to have to open/open

activity_groups.jpg

I've tried to research repeats within groups but can only find Groups or Repeats. Below is a pic of my excel

excell_activity.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

If you add "minimal" to a repeat, it has that behaviour:

abureaux_1-1725551136114.png

Also if the repeat is hidden and then conditionally shown.

In the second case, not much can be done. You can set "repeat_count" to force it to show, but that is a poor option as it drastically changes how the repeat works.

You can make a repeat "required" though, so it isn't missed.

abureaux_2-1725551301002.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

If you add "minimal" to a repeat, it has that behaviour:

abureaux_1-1725551136114.png

Also if the repeat is hidden and then conditionally shown.

In the second case, not much can be done. You can set "repeat_count" to force it to show, but that is a poor option as it drastically changes how the repeat works.

You can make a repeat "required" though, so it isn't missed.

abureaux_2-1725551301002.png

0 Kudos