Adding a nested table into existing Feature Layer on Survey123

Jump to solution
06-30-2021 07:12 AM
PaulGerbeaud
New Contributor

Hello Esri Community,

I am requesting your help because I am currently facing a problem on Survey 123. Since some weeks now I am working on a survey using Survey 123 connect. Lately I figured out that I've forgot creating a table when I started to build the survey. My question is: Is it possible to create a new nested table into already existing set of nested table ? 

I send you also the screenshot of my survey structure, i would like to add the table on the last screenshot just between "Coral_Health"(Table) & "Sampling_Point"(Feature_Layer). 

Thank you for your help! 

Capture d’écran 2021-06-30 à 15.49.03.png

Capture d’écran 2021-06-30 à 15.49.39.png

  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @PaulGerbeaud

If you published the survey from Survey123 Connect if you add the nested repeat and republish the existing feature service will be deleted and a new one will be created. 

I would suggest downloading the feature service as a file geodatabase, using ArcGIS desktop adding the new table/layer in the file geodatabase and manually create the relationship. Once everything is set up you can overwrite the existing feature service with the updates. 

This way you will be able to keep existing data that's present in the feature service. 

Once the new related table exists in the feature service you can add the repeat in your XLSForm and since the schema will match Survey123 will be able to publish without an issue. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @PaulGerbeaud

If you published the survey from Survey123 Connect if you add the nested repeat and republish the existing feature service will be deleted and a new one will be created. 

I would suggest downloading the feature service as a file geodatabase, using ArcGIS desktop adding the new table/layer in the file geodatabase and manually create the relationship. Once everything is set up you can overwrite the existing feature service with the updates. 

This way you will be able to keep existing data that's present in the feature service. 

Once the new related table exists in the feature service you can add the repeat in your XLSForm and since the schema will match Survey123 will be able to publish without an issue. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
JamesRichardson_SK
New Contributor II

I have tried this but I keep getting an error. I have created a community post about it which I have linked below:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/adding-repeats-retroactively-to-published-s...

0 Kudos
PaulGerbeaud
New Contributor

Hello @ZacharySutherby,

Thank you so much for this informations ! 

0 Kudos