Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 + Microsoft Power Automate + ArcGIS Enterprise

Jump to solution
05-16-2023 10:30 PM
rsun_TQB
Occasional Contributor III

Dear All,

I am wondering if those who have been using Survey123 + Power Automate with your ArcGIS Enterprise environment have similar struggles like me.

I can't seem to get any sweet auto populated dropdown options when use "When a survey response is submitted" trigger and "Create Report" action. Especially "Create Report", I have to find their unique "ids" to make it work. It's now somehow not working, but that can be story for another day. I was incredibly happy to know where to find them, and was able to generate PDF S123 report 🙂

Sweet dropdown do show up sometimes for "Survey" option, but other fields needed for "Create Report" has never shown up for me.

rsun_TQB_2-1684301131239.png

rsun_TQB_0-1684300936314.png

Is this something to do with IT configuration of the ArcGIS Enterprise?

- Reverse Proxy

- MFA for Portal Administration account used for S123 Trigger or Action

If someone can provide your valuable insights, it will be fantastic!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rsun_TQB

Hello everyone!

Found a workaround here!!!

Solved: Changing hosted Feature layers with Power automate... - Esri Community

It's not ideal to have credential exposed in Power Automate, but this method above allows me to use HTTP action to generate secure token using user's credential who is able to access attachments!

rsun_TQB_0-1684382627787.png

Then, use the token to access attachments 🙂

rsun_TQB_1-1684382692515.png

Cheers!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Typically, I see the raw survey ID when the Survey123 Connector times out. This happens every 3-4 weeks.

Go to Data > Connections > Find your connector and click on the ellipses (...) > click Switch Account > log in

abureaux_0-1684332755519.png

Then, go back to your flow and you should see a list of items again. If that doesn't fix it, then there may be something wrong with your Custom Connector.

Edit: Btw, I didn't think that the new Create Report module worked with Enterprise? I assumed that was for AGO only. That may be part of your issue. But my comment stands for the Trigger. (I may stand corrected?).

Edit2: It occurs to me that, unless you customized your Custom Connector (which is possible), you are likely also using the AGO Trigger as well. It seems you asked a similar question here. If you are using Enterprise, as you indicated, you will need a Custom Connector. Here is a guide to create the Custom Connector and a report.

MelissaK
New Contributor II

Hello, I experience similar time-out in my project. The dynamic content won't show up. 

MelissaK_0-1694198707049.png

Sign-in again to my custom connector sometimes fixed my flow. What also worked for me is to add a new connection in the flow itself.

MelissaK_1-1694194387194.png

Or make a new flow if it's not too time consuming. 

0 Kudos
rsun_TQB

Actually Create Report trigger work for enterprise 🙂 you just need to update the custom connector. However, when I first created the survey...everything seemed to be working. However, once I start configuring the survey and publish it and made it bit more complicated...things start not going according to the plan.

For example, I cannot get the "Feature Layer" auto-populated even when the survey dropdown is working.

rsun_TQB_0-1684338544313.png

or Report template to show up

rsun_TQB_1-1684338589256.png

I did not use the AGO trigger, but trigger for ArcGIS Enterprise (portal) [You need to make a custom connectors]

rsun_TQB_2-1684338688703.png

I had the report generated into PDF, upload to OneDrive, and attach to a sending email action on MS Power Autoamte many times when I was testing. 

I was wondering how it works as well, since ArcGIS Enterprise user will not be charged with our AGO credits. Lol...I don't think Esri let you use anything for free, maybe the PA Create Report has been blocked if you are using Portal.

I will check out your post Solved: Guide to Generate Feature Reports in Power Automat... - Esri Community soon. 

Thanks again for replying!

Cordially,

Reno

0 Kudos
rsun_TQB

Hello everyone!

Found a workaround here!!!

Solved: Changing hosted Feature layers with Power automate... - Esri Community

It's not ideal to have credential exposed in Power Automate, but this method above allows me to use HTTP action to generate secure token using user's credential who is able to access attachments!

rsun_TQB_0-1684382627787.png

Then, use the token to access attachments 🙂

rsun_TQB_1-1684382692515.png

Cheers!

0 Kudos
nnolasco
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, I stumbled across this post looking for something else but I had a comment about another way to do this that doesn't require any password sharing.

For clarification I believe what the original post was referring to was utilizing a survey/report they have access to but are not the owner of.  It still will require 2 accounts, but the key thing is to make the owner of the Survey (in Enterprise) the same as the credentials used in the PowerAutomate connector.

Within your enterprise first create a shared collaboration group.  The users with access to this group should be the original creator of the survey/report and the account used to connect in PowerAutomate.  Once the survey is built and ready to deploy allow that group to Update the Survey (under the Collaborate tab), then change the ownership of all survey items to the account who manages the PowerAutomate connection.  

This will allow the original creator to still make changes as needed to the survey, and it will allow the PowerAutomate Connection to see the survey and reports by their name rather than the item number.

0 Kudos