add one feature class as two repeats?

06-29-2022 11:30 AM
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is "no", but thought it would be worth posting anyway. Is it possible to set up a SDE-based portal feature service in which I parse one related feature class into two layers based on two different queries...and then have the two queried layers show up in S123 as two repeats?

The use case is that I've got a parent "Facilities" feature class and a related "Inspections" feature class. I'd like the S123 user to add new Inspections through one repeat, but also have the ability to view past Inspections through another (read-only) repeat. I was hoping I could publish the Inspections feature class as two map layers with two definition queries. Doesn't work of course. Is there another way to do this while keep Inspections all as one SDE feature class?

2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No but you could do all of this in Field Maps.  See all the old inspections then launch new ones from there so they are all related properly.

0 Kudos
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. Field Maps as the navigation tool and the read-only viewer of all related records, and S123 as the collector for new data. Link them together with a URL in the popup.