Multiple Inboxes for Survey123

02-14-2018 05:32 AM
RobertMarros
Occasional Contributor II

Recently my team and I started utilizing the Inbox functionality in order to facilitate a specific workflow for one of our projects. An interesting idea that we came up with is the concept of Multiple Inboxes. This would allow a user to filter through multiple types of surveys that might need to be reviewed. For example, if a field crew is reliant upon a Remote Inspector to review their surveys and provide feedback or comments, the Inbox could function as a means of filtering the different types of review results (i.e. Passed, Failed, Pending, Incomplete etc.). So instead of having one Inbox for your survey that has an expression set to Failed surveys, you could have multiple Inboxes representing the various types of surveys you would want your user to be able to filter by (Passed Inbox, Failed Inbox, Pending Inbox, Incomplete Inbox).

Please feel free to contact me if you have any follow up questions. I feel like this functionality would be something that others would really appreciate as well.  

Thanks and keep up the good work!!

4 Comments
ChristopherMatechik

I agree. My surveys would also benefit. Additionally, it would be nice if we could at least change the colors of pins on the inbox map view.

For example, I use survey123 to monitor sea turtle nests. Due to state and federal monitoring requirements we have various sub-samples. Some nests need to be checked when they are 70 days old, others at 55, and some don't need to be checked until the end of the season. However, if a hurricane comes I need to access an inbox with all nests so I can record storm damage or missing nests. Currently, I don't have any filter applied because it would prevent me from updating the status of certain nests after storms. If I could toggle through multiple inbox filters I would be able to view all nests after a storm but then toggle the filter back on when I just want to view nests that need to be sub-sampled. As it stands, my map view is pretty cluttered even though I only rarely need to view all nests.

It would increase the capability of this program immensely. . Currently, I have to export the data every morning and run a query in a different program to determine which nests need to be sub-sampled on that given day.

by Anonymous User

Adding a vote for this idea. Our company works in multiple regions, so allowing multiple inboxes would be a huge benefit for us to either filter by region or resource. Great idea!

KhemAryal

This will definitely be a great feature if made available. Not necessarily multiple inboxes required but options of multiple folders to list the related surveys inside the inbox will fulfil the need.

RobertAnderson3

This would be a fantastic idea. Making the ability to have different inboxes (and a bit smoother of a way to use the WHERE clauses) would be helpful. I've had the same desire for supervisors having access to all, but the users only their own.

Right now a possible workaround for this, while annoying, is having separate surveys where you have a WHERE clause for the status being different on each, but they all point to the same feature layer. It's a pain having to maintain multiple surveys but if it works well for your flow then it could be worth it.