Display entered points on map

04-20-2023 04:43 AM
Labels (1)
IlkaIllers1
Occasional Contributor III

In the field, I very often submit a survey with a geopoint to add notes to a location. Sometimes it can be good to see where I have already submitted a survey. I know I can see this in the outbox map, but it means switching between the outbox and collecting a new point. 

I would love the ability to integrate the outbox into the map during the collection part, so when I set a new point I see all the submitted points there.

Edit: I should add that in the field we often don't have internet connection. I know it is possible to add the feature layer created from the survey to a linked online map in order to see the points. However, I usually work with mobile map packages due to the connection issues. However, since it is possible to see the collected surveys under "Outbox" with the offline map set as a background, I thought it must be possible to integrate this into new surveys.

1 Comment
ChristopherDawe

I'm not sure of an solution for each individual survey submission being added to a map (other than what you already suggested about  using the hosted feature layer in the web map which doenst help offline users), however if you have your data inside a repeat, you can use the "Point overlays on maps" function to show existing repeats inside a map, described towards the bottom of the Geopoints documentation https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/geopoints.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_DF5D4AC0546B4...

Currently this only works with points, it would be great if esri upgraded this to work with geotrace and geoshape repeat questions