Select to view content in your preferred language

After downloading all available updates, send users to main screen automatically

3 weeks ago
Labels (1)
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

As the title says. After a user downloads all available updates, they should be sent back to the main screen.

I've been on many calls with struggling users, and they always get stuck with "what now" after downloading the updates.

3 Comments
RobertAnderson3

I just tried this on my Android device and PC, when I clicked the button at the bottom of the screen "Download Updates" which downloaded all available updates it sent me back to the main screen. To be fair I don't think I realized this button existed until I went to go test this right now haha.

But after clicking the download beside each survey individually and clearing the list it doesn't return to the main page. It definitely should.

abureaux

Ya, the two separate buttons are super annoying/convoluted to explain to people, but I'm not sure of a good solution for that just yet (I was thinking just remove the individual download buttons since I can't think of a good use-case for not updating, but I'm sure there is some reason out there). I'm sure future me (or someone else) will make a post about that though.

RobertAnderson3

I can see the value of allowing selective updates, mostly if I'm making an update to a survey and don't want a forced update in case something goes wrong, but myself or the users may need to update a different survey. Though I guess this could be avoided by downloading when you pick the survey on the main screen.