Select to view content in your preferred language

Add support for search by item ID to Survey123 Connect

06-12-2024 05:43 AM
Labels (1)
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

When searching for surveys in Survey123 Connect, it can sometimes be difficult to identify the specific survey you want to open by name alone. It would help in such cases if a person could use an item ID in the search field.

In a large organization, some users may end up owning a lot of surveys. Such users may inherit multiple surveys that have the same or very similar names.

They may have a survey's item IDy from internal documentation, and email, or other sources, and they would like to enter that directly into Survey123 Connect's search field to find that specific survey.

3 Comments
abureaux

I honestly don't think I'd use Item ID to search, but I can also see a decent number of people preferring to have that ability. Furthermore, when you download surveys your the device, they are added to folder's named by Item ID, so this just seems to make sense.

This sounds like a good addition that would be easy to implement.

RobertAnderson3

Definitely seems beneficial when as @abureaux noted they're added by itemID when you download them (which honestly kind of frustrates me in itself, but I'm not sure what the solution to that should be).

The itemID should be accessible in the Survey123 Connect app somewhere.

PeterKnoop

@RobertAnderson3 the shortest way I've found to find a survey's itemID in Survey123 Connect is to use "View item in ArcGIS Online" from "More actions". In the browser window that opens, I grab the itemID from the URL.

It would be nice to have the itemID directly displayed somewhere within Connect, such a with the survey's Details. (Sounds like another Idea to create...)