Survey123 at the Esri UC 2020

07-12-2020 11:39 AM
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor
4 5 2,448

Esri’s User Conference is the world’s largest GIS event – and this year it’s going virtual! With so many opportunities to connect and learn with industry experts and peers, why not take the time to learn?

Registration

Check the Registration Details | 2020 Esri User Conference page for more info. Registration is quick and open to everyone. Once registered, you will be given access to the UC Live website. In UC Live, you will be able to watch the plenary, sessions, visit the Expo and connect with peers and Esri staff.  Just like in San Diego, but from your home!

Here is a brief Survey123 guide to UC Live.

Sessions

Join sessions to learn about Survey123 product features and how to take advantage of them. Sessions are classified into Live Sessions and On Demand Sessions.  Live Sessions are scheduled. You may want to add them to your agenda so you do not miss them. Live Sessions always include a Q&A section with the presenters at the end.  On Demand sessions are made available for you to watch at any time during the conference.  I suggest you add them to your agenda as well, because there are quite a few. If you have questions after watching the recordings, bring them to the team at the Virtual Esri Showcase.

Live Sessions (Watch only at scheduled times):

On Demand Sessions (Watch anytime during the conference):

As you may know, Esri always publishes a selection of sessions for public access after the User Conference. However, do not count on that as not every session will be available beyond the conference.  I suggest you make room in your calendar during the week to make sure you do not miss sessions. Schedule them at the beginning of the week, so you can take your questions to the team at the Esri Showcase.

Tip: Watch on demand sessions early so you can take your questions to the team at the Showcase.

Networking

The UC Live wesbite includes a Networking tab. Use it to connect with other attendees and Esri staff. You can connect with the Survey123 team and schedule private chats to resolve your questions. Here is the list of Survey123 team members that will be available during the week. Generally speaking, all of us can take questions on any aspect of Survey123, but the table highlights areas of focus. The table also includes a link to the profile of each member in UC Live so you can find us more easily in UC Live. In case of doubt: simply email survey123@esri.com.

Brett StokesSurvey123 Website Installer for ArcGIS EnterpriseEnglish
Calvin JungSurvey123 JS API, WebhooksEnglish, Chinese (Mandarin)
Ismael ChiviteSurvey123 Website, Reports, WebhooksEnglish, Spanish
James TedrickSurvey123 and ArcGIS Enterprise, XLSFormsEnglish
Jim MooreSurvey123 Documentation, Field App, ConnectEnglish
Jody Zheng LiuSurvey123 Reports and Web AppChinese (Mandarin), English
Marika VertzonisSurvey123 Documentation, Learning Paths, GNSSEnglish, Greek
Philip WilsonSurvey123 Field App, Connect, XLSFormsEnglish
Ruth Jiateng XuSurvey123 Web Accessibility, Website and Web AppChinese (Mandarin), English
Shwu-jing JengSurvey123 Internationalization, LocalizationChinese (Mandarin), English
Zhifang WangSurvey123 Website, Web App, ReportsChinese (Mandarin), English

The Survey123 Esri Showcase is a great place to network with other attendees and the Survey123 team. During the Esri Showcase hours, a chat room on Survey123 will be live. Join the conversation:

Monday, July 13, 2020 | 12:15 pm – 4:00 pm PDT

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 | 7:30 am – 9:40 am & 11:10 am – 3:50 pm PDT

Wednesday, July, 15, 2020 | 7:30 am – 9:40 am & 11:10 am – 3:50 pm PDT

Tip: Join the conversation at the Survey123 Esri Showcase and schedule private meetings to ask questions.

Exhibitor Expo

Last but not least, you can also virtually visit many of our UC Exhibitors. Visit the Expo to connect with Esri partners with expertise on implementing, customizing, integrating Survey123, plus hardware vendors to run or complement Survey123 capabilities.

We are looking forward to see you this week!

5 Comments
LiamHarrington-Missin
Occasional Contributor II

Thank Ismael Chivite‌, 

I'm just catching up with the most recent update and the potential of that to our workflows.  In the meantime, an absolutely shameless plug from my own Esri UC Presentation which shows how we have been using Survey123 and QuickCapture to transform some of our oil spill response workflows. 

Great work as always. 

Liam

How GIS is used in Global Oil Spill Response. A Journey and Call To Action.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not sure why but I have not been able to ask any questions in the QA.  I just says waiting for review forever.

thanks

RyanBohan
Occasional Contributor III

Super excited @javascript functionality is now available for the web forms.  Sadly I just found out that public surveys can not use javascript.  Will this functionality be available in the future?  There is so much I could do with javascript functionality but I would need it to work on Public Surveys or it won't meet my organizations needs.

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ryan,

At this point, we do not anticipate being able to make custom JS functions available for public surveys; as we mentioned in the session's Q&A, there are a number of concerns, the primary one that this effectively is running arbitrary JS in a user's browser; for this reason, this functionality is being limited only to forms within your own organization.

RyanBohan
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you for the reply,  I honestly had not thought of the security side of things, that makes total sense.  I am sure I can achieve similar results post survey.