Streetmap premium custom road - add custom attribute and restriction

07-11-2021 11:42 PM
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Hi, is it possible to add your own attribute and add additional restriction to the network analysis dataset? For example, we would like a additonal attribute called permittype and add that as a restriction in the network dataset so that when a route is calculated, only route with certain permit type is allow depending on the permit the user holds.

I looked at custom roads but that only allows users to add their own custom road to the streetmap route.

Any links to any guide/tutorial will certainly be most helpful 🙂

4 Replies
KisakyeM
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
SarahOsborne
Esri Contributor

With Custom Roads, you can add and modify attributes and restrictions to the network. However, you should be aware of the following:

--You should be knowledgeable about how to use the ArcGIS Pro Network Extension and have a good understanding of how a network works.

--Modifying the network is possible, but it is not documented. Tech support may not be able to help if you run into problems. You may make the network inoperable.

--You are responsible for making any updates to the network when a new version of Custom Roads is released.

0 Kudos
KisakyeM
New Contributor III

Could I alternatively use the street map premium data to build a custom network dataset that includes my custom restrictions?

0 Kudos
vtey_esriau
New Contributor III

In the licensing agreement, any use or modification of the road network dataset breaks the T&C. I would be extremely careful threading here and get something in writing from Esri Inc before you proceed (I would imagine HERE would be taking a strong interest in protecting their dataset as well).