Select to view content in your preferred language

Web Maps Not Displaying in StoryMaps

Jump to solution
06-27-2022 07:32 AM
jfischer91
New Contributor III

We're creating a Story Map with ArcGIS Story Maps, and everything was working fine until last Friday it seems; now, whether viewing the Story Map in Chrome or Edge, certain web maps will not display. Or, they'll display after clearing your browser cache upon first load but then disappear after a while. The behavior is the same whether editing or previewing the Story Map. I'm guessing it's related to the update esri pushed a few days ago?  Is anyone else having this experience, and have you found a workaround?  I'm wondering if it's related to if the web map was authored in Classic Map Viewer or the new one, but I haven't tested it fully to know for sure.

Example screenshot of what I mean attached.

72 Replies
jfischer91
New Contributor III

Hi Annie,

I just had a colleague come to me with a very similar issue; she was using Chrome and had the same errors about WebGL being required but not supported.  She tried closing her browser (close all windows instead of just refreshing pages), relaunching it, and signing in again, and it worked for her.  Not sure how long you're keeping your browser open, but if you're anything like me, it may be open for a long time!  If you're still having troubles, maybe try that? Hope it helps!

oevans_storymaps
New Contributor

@AnnieBeust -- Unfortunately, there's no way to override the webGL requirement. Do you have another machine that you can try to use? Otherwise, I would recommend that you contact Esri Support and they can help you troubleshoot this issue with your machine.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Well, I'm happy there isn't a bug that caused this, but I'm still sad to hear about your map being deleted. 😞

In case you weren't aware, you can enable delete protection on high-value items (stories, maps, layers, etc.). For more information, see How to prevent accidental deletion (esri.com). Hope this might be helpful in the future!

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos