Select to view content in your preferred language

Unresponsive/slow loading to edit my Story Map

Jump to solution
02-27-2022 07:44 AM
sdctchair
Emerging Contributor

Good afternoon, 

For a few days now my story map has been unresponsive. As I try to open the web page to edit it will not load, as such I have not been able to continue editing my story. I have had this issue on several different computers and locations, so I do not believe that it is an issue with my device or internet. 

I use several express maps in a side car format with a large number of points on each map (might this be presenting an issue?). 

Looking forward to hearing back. 

Thanks, 

Joanna

52 Replies
mcolwin
Occasional Contributor

I tried recreating the troublesome sidecar, and the issue only started occurring when I added a 16th slide to the sidecar. I'm not sure if sidecars have a "capacity" limit or something, but I've just been dividing the information into smaller sections as a workaround.

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@Curt_H @mcolwin -- We're deploying a fix for an issue that sounds similar to the one you've described here in an update later today. Please let us know if you are still able to observe the issue tomorrow.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
mcolwin
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @OwenGeo , I'll try to test it. The fix that I've found that has consistently worked (though is not a solution) is to add a new sidecar, and then move it up earlier in my Story if it's having the issue described previously with the second slide. If I move it up far enough the issue seems to resolve itself. I did a little light testing to try to figure out if it started happening after a certain number of total slides, or too many sidecars, but wasn't able to figure it out.