Select to view content in your preferred language

Unresponsive/slow loading to edit my Story Map

Jump to solution
02-27-2022 07:44 AM
sdctchair
New Contributor II

Good afternoon, 

For a few days now my story map has been unresponsive. As I try to open the web page to edit it will not load, as such I have not been able to continue editing my story. I have had this issue on several different computers and locations, so I do not believe that it is an issue with my device or internet. 

I use several express maps in a side car format with a large number of points on each map (might this be presenting an issue?). 

Looking forward to hearing back. 

Thanks, 

Joanna

52 Replies
annamo
by
New Contributor

Hello, I am having a similar problem where everything seems to be working fine aside from editing storymaps. As I am trying to edit a storymap over the past week or so it suddenly started being incredibly slow to respond. It is sometimes impossible to make changes or click on buttons like settings or publish etc. My browser (Firefox) continually tries to stop the page from loading because it is slowing it down.

0 Kudos
FriendsMissRiv
New Contributor

We're also experiencing a similar issue. I can load our StoryMap to edit, but it's very slow. And at least three times now, even though it says it's saved changes, some of my text disappears after publishing. I'll reach out to Esri Support now too.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

UPDATE: We have determined the cause of the issue described in this thread where the builder becomes non-responsive for some stories and may prevent you from being able to edit or publish changes.

Our team has determined how to address this issue, and we are in the process of testing and verifying the fix.

We'll have an announcement tomorrow about when we plan to deploy this fix. We expect it to be sometime this week.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
MegGaillard
New Contributor

This morning, the editor is completely unresponsive. Deadlines looming. Please give an update ASAP!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Our testing went very well, so we plan to make the fix available later today around 7pm ET / 4pm PT. You'll see the purple "We've updated StoryMaps" bubble at the top of the screen after the update has been deployed.

We again apologize to the customers who were impacted by this issue. The editing experience should be back to what you expect soon.

Owen Evans
KateCoffey
New Contributor

Hello, 

I am still having issues in my StoryMap. Once I add a sidecar, I can add an image or map on the first slide, but every time I try to add an image on the second slide the upload option screen is very slow to respond and ultimately crashes. I've tried creating an entirely new sidecar, and still having the same issue. I will submit a message to ESRI Technical Support as well. 

Here is the public StoryMap: https://arcg.is/0SfvPe

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Thank you for reporting this and contacting Esri Support. This may be a different issue or a related one. We will take a look. 

Owen Evans
mcolwin
New Contributor III

I am encountering this same issue. The speed issues seem to have been resolved, but now I can no longer add anything to a second slide in a sidecar. No matter if I click "Image", "Map" or whatever, the window to add that item pops up briefly and then it closes. I have tried saving and re-opening the StoryMap, with no luck.

KateCoffey
New Contributor

Yes! That's exactly what is happening. I made a different sidecar and am having some luck, so might be worth trying that!

mcolwin
New Contributor III
Thanks, but unfortunately, a new Sidecar has not stopped this from happening from the 2nd slide onwards.