Time Slider not showing after placing ArcGIS Online map in Storymap

Jump to solution
10-26-2020 09:08 PM
BenjaminHollister
New Contributor

Hi

I am testing the Arc Online system and Story Maps. I have created a map in WebMaps with a layer that is time enabled and shows a time slider in the Map Viewer. When I place it in a new Story Map, however, the Time Slider does not appear.

Is there a setting I am missing?

Thanks

Ben

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

The time slider is not natively supported within ArcGIS StoryMaps at this time, but we are looking into this for a future enhancement.

For now you can follow the advice Albertus shared above and create an app that does support time and then embed that app in your story. See this blog for more details. For more on showing time in stories, see this article.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Alber_Verster
Esri Contributor

Not exactly sure why you are experiencing this issue but I'm going to presume it has something to do with the difference between the web map interface and that of the StoryMap.

Would it be possible to create a web app using the web appbuilder, utilising your web map, then configuring the time slider widget in there? You'd then have to add a web app to your StoryMap instead of a web map.

BenjaminHollister
New Contributor

Thanks, I will try that. I also tried to embed the map to a website, but the time slider did not appear there either. I'm wondering if it is an issue with trial accounts.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

The time slider is not natively supported within ArcGIS StoryMaps at this time, but we are looking into this for a future enhancement.

For now you can follow the advice Albertus shared above and create an app that does support time and then embed that app in your story. See this blog for more details. For more on showing time in stories, see this article.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps