Time animation in StoryMap not working

Jump to solution
11-13-2022 05:01 PM
Labels (1)
KristineHubenig
New Contributor II

Hello!

I am working on a StoryMap  which shows the migration of people over time.  My feature layer is time enabled and I have attached  an image of what the settings look like in Map Viewer. It works great in Map Viewer, but unfortunately it does not work in StoryMaps. In StoryMap when I add my map, it shows the time slider but no dates. I have also added an attachment of this too. So when I press play it shows all locations at once and does not animate the migration. I have tried to change the settings in Map Viewer, delete and add the map back in, and it gives me the same result where it is "Enabled" but not functional. 

Any help would be greatly apricated thank you!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@KristineHubenig @CharmaleeSandanayake1

We have a fix for this, and it will go out in our next update on Nov 30. I apologize you have been impacted by this issue.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Kristine,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this behavior. Would you be able to provide us with a link to your story so we can take a look at the behavior? If not, please reach out to Esri Support and they can assist with additional troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Abby

0 Kudos
CharmaleeSandanayake1
New Contributor III

I also see this issue with the time slider not showing up in a story map but working in the map viewer. The screenshot looks the same. I will have to disable the time animation functionality until a fix is found.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

We've been able to reproduce the problem and are looking to address this in the near future. We'll post an update here when we have more information.

Owen Evans
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@KristineHubenig @CharmaleeSandanayake1

We have a fix for this, and it will go out in our next update on Nov 30. I apologize you have been impacted by this issue.

Owen Evans
KristineHubenig
New Contributor II

Thank you! Looking forward to the update. 

0 Kudos
AnninaHirschiWyss
Occasional Contributor II

Same here... Looking forward to November 30 🙂

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

This issue has been fixed. Please let us know if you are still encountering issues with the time animation widget.

Owen Evans