Text not saving in storymap

Jump to solution
05-17-2022 11:08 AM
SidneySimonse
New Contributor

I have all the text for my storymap saved in a google drive document, and when I put the text in my storymap it works and it says it saved the storymap. But when I leave and go back to the storymap, everything I copy pasted from drive to storymap is gone. Is this issue known? And can I fix this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@SidneySimonse -- This is a known issue. Unfortunately, Google Docs does not output valid HTML and this causes issues with pasting. We are looking into trying to address this on our side, but it is not a straightforward issue to resolve and may take us some time to find an acceptable/feasible solution.

Please see this thread for more information and workarounds: Pasted Bulleted Text from Google Docs Disappears U... - Esri Community

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@SidneySimonse -- This is a known issue. Unfortunately, Google Docs does not output valid HTML and this causes issues with pasting. We are looking into trying to address this on our side, but it is not a straightforward issue to resolve and may take us some time to find an acceptable/feasible solution.

Please see this thread for more information and workarounds: Pasted Bulleted Text from Google Docs Disappears U... - Esri Community

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos