Select to view content in your preferred language

StoryMap Now Showing OAuth 2.0 Designation and Requiring Sign In: How to Troubleshoot Layers Effectively?

Jump to solution
04-05-2023 09:38 AM
Labels (1)
KatieGaut
Occasional Contributor

This StoryMap was created and published over a year ago, and has had much use with no previous sign-in issues.  In the last few weeks (perhaps longer?), users are now prompted to sign in somewhere in the first chapter.  If you hit cancel enough times, all the maps load and we can't identify any layers that are not present (although there are a lot and this is a long StoryMap).

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/07d8fa3cae6843efb476a67d28c81e99

Note: We now see the blue key symbol (OAuth 2.0: A registered OAuth 2.0 application.  May use premium or subscription content.)  This was NOT there when the StoryMap was published - and we have not modified anything in over a year.  

We presume this is a premium layer issue, where a previously non-premium layer got changed to premium, but have been unable to track down the offending source. There are a lot of maps and scenes with a lot of layers in each. 

a) Is there an efficient way to see which layer and/or map is causing the error?

b) Within a map/scene/folder etc is there a way to filter out or view which layers are premium without having to open every layer within every map?

c) Do non-premium layers sometimes change to premium unannounced?

KatieGaut_0-1680718155849.png

Note:  I can't identify any layers via the browsers Developers Inspector tool that are showing a 401 or 403 error.  

@Amanda_Huber 

Thanks!

Katie 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KatieGaut
Occasional Contributor

@AbbyE_Esri and @Amanda_Huber :  It looks like the culprit was a broken layer - but in a Web Scene that we hadn't yet checked.  Oddly, it wasn't premium content, just broken layer so I'm still unsure why this was triggering a sign in - and why you were never able to see the sing in @AbbyE_Esri , but I'll mark this as resolved.  Thanks again for everyone's help!

Katie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KatieGaut
Occasional Contributor

@OwenGeo - Any thoughts?  Thank you!

0 Kudos
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @KatieGaut,

First off, I love your story! So well built and organized. Secondly, I'm sorry for taking a look at this a few days late. At the moment, I'm not able to see the authentication prompt that you're mentioning above. Were you able to find the culprit? Are you still seeing that premium layer icon on the item?

--Abby

0 Kudos
KatieGaut
Occasional Contributor

@AbbyE_Esri -  First of all, thank you for the help and the compliment on the StoryMap!  That's odd that you aren't seeing the prompt....as we still are and have tried on multiple computers and in incognito mode.  Here is a screenshot of the 'inspect' tool when getting the error this morning.  I don't know if it would matter, but were you signing into your ESRI account when viewing the SM and perhaps your authorization/license and sign in didn't trigger this prompt?  We're really stumped!  

@Amanda_Huber 

KatieGaut_0-1681230062726.png

0 Kudos
KatieGaut
Occasional Contributor

@AbbyE_Esri and @Amanda_Huber :  It looks like the culprit was a broken layer - but in a Web Scene that we hadn't yet checked.  Oddly, it wasn't premium content, just broken layer so I'm still unsure why this was triggering a sign in - and why you were never able to see the sing in @AbbyE_Esri , but I'll mark this as resolved.  Thanks again for everyone's help!

Katie

0 Kudos