Storymap in Portfolio, image not appearing outside of edit mode

Jump to solution
04-04-2022 12:19 AM
AndrewBaylis
New Contributor II

I have a Portfolio collection with a storymap embeded.  In the storymap (viewed in the portfolio), there are images that do not appear.  They look just fine while editing, but once viewed after publishing, I try to view the storymap in my portfolio and  the image shows up as grey/invisible.  They have been visible in the past.  These images were uploaded from my computer.  There are other images from my computer in the same storymap that show up.

Portfolio link: https://arcg.is/SX4Xn 

The specific problem is in the 2nd tab, the GEO 223 project, the images under the "Background" tab at the beginning.  The images are jpg and png.  Lastly, the images work fine when viewing the story map outside of the portfolio.

Attached is how it shows up in edit mode, and how it shows up after publishing.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewBaylis
New Contributor II

For what its worth, I ran into another problem.  I tried to add a new section with the problematic story map embeded, and it created a new issue, where I could not see the embedded story map nor edit it, at all.  It is currently frozen in time there.  Might be something interesting to look at.  Its the original portfolio, but now nothing is visible.  Weird!

Regardless, after that happened I just started from scratch and made a new portfolio, as it is time sensitive.  The new portfolio has the same content, but I am not having any issue with it, so it seems the other was a fluke?  New portfolio, same content: https://arcg.is/15uTOn  Marking your post as solved for now, but it is still an issue with Portfolio that should be looked into, cheers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@AndrewBaylis - I can see the issue you have reported and don't see an obvious cause for this right away. We'll look into this more and get back to you.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
AndrewBaylis
New Contributor II

For what its worth, I ran into another problem.  I tried to add a new section with the problematic story map embeded, and it created a new issue, where I could not see the embedded story map nor edit it, at all.  It is currently frozen in time there.  Might be something interesting to look at.  Its the original portfolio, but now nothing is visible.  Weird!

Regardless, after that happened I just started from scratch and made a new portfolio, as it is time sensitive.  The new portfolio has the same content, but I am not having any issue with it, so it seems the other was a fluke?  New portfolio, same content: https://arcg.is/15uTOn  Marking your post as solved for now, but it is still an issue with Portfolio that should be looked into, cheers.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@AndrewBaylis -- OK, glad things are working. We were looking into this and we weren't able to find anything amiss with the story. As you noticed, the story worked as expected when not embedded in the Portfolio. We also tested embedding the story in a plain webpage and that worked fine as well.

We'll connect with the team that works on Portfolio to see if they see anything on their side. If you could please keep the original item shared as it is, that would help us in our troubleshooting.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos