StoryMap does not save

Jump to solution
04-11-2021 11:58 AM
MariaCelesteDePalma
New Contributor

Hi, I've been working on some story maps using Google Chrome -- and I have installed the latest Chrome version so my browser is up to date. However, whenever I open on and begin working, I'm interrupted by a warning "Someone else is Editing" the listed user is me.

How do i solve this? Also, cover image is not loading. 

Thanks!

Celeste 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@MariaCelesteDePalma -- That warning will appear if you have the story builder open in more than one browser tab. Be careful not to be editing the same story in multiple tabs because that can cause lost work if you ignore the warning.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@MariaCelesteDePalma -- That warning will appear if you have the story builder open in more than one browser tab. Be careful not to be editing the same story in multiple tabs because that can cause lost work if you ignore the warning.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
MariaCelesteDePalma
New Contributor

Thanks! Yes, I was previewing the story which opened in a new tab. So if I close that tab, I should not get that warning message, right? 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@MariaCelesteDePalma -- The Preview button in the header doesn't open a new tab, and the Edit story button that gets you back to the builder doesn't either (unless you used the browser's "open in new tab" option). In general, the app doesn't open additional tabs unless you choose to do that.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
MariaCelesteDePalma
New Contributor

Then that is odd, because those are the only buttons I used. I was doing a tutorial, so I just want to know to avoid having this happen to me when I am ready to create my story. 

0 Kudos