Story Map, Embed

Jump to solution
08-02-2019 08:29 AM
BenjaminMittler
Occasional Contributor III

Hey All, 

I just starting to switch over to the new storymap design and i'm having a problem with the "Embed" button. When I Embed a website within my storymap a button appears on the top right of the iframe that controls your ability to interactive with the website. It seems that it is always locked by default, is there any way to switch this? It isn't intuitive to the user to see content and not be ability to immediately interact with it. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Benjamin - We are working on some enhancements to this experience that will be made available in an upcoming release. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with you feedback about the new ArcGIS StoryMaps.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Benjamin - We are working on some enhancements to this experience that will be made available in an upcoming release. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with you feedback about the new ArcGIS StoryMaps.

Owen Evans
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Benjamin Mittler‌,

In the August update to ArcGIS StoryMaps, we have modified the experience to interacting with embeds inline. Your readers can now click on the embed directly and start interacting with it right away as opposed to the previous experience where you had to toggle the interaction. Please let us know your feedback on this.

Thanks,

Aravind

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The iframe addition and the icon you click to begin interacting were huge improvements, thank you!!! We embed a lot of different apps (Esri dashboards, other story maps, websites, and Tableau dashboards) in our classical story maps. At first when embedding with just the links it didn't work very well in StoryMaps, especially with Tableau, but now it works a lot better.

Is the ability to embed in the main stage of sidecar coming with the next release or not until next year? This is what my team is really looking forward to to start advancing our projects.

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Bryan -- Thanks for the feedback, and we're glad the interactions are working well for you. Yep, embedding web content in the sidecar media panel is coming this year... 🙂 

Owen Evans