Story Map App - Adding a Map

06-12-2020 02:54 PM
RyanFortier
New Contributor III
My son and I are working on a story map documenting his hockey season. I am having an issue with a certain aspect though. 
I created a web map with directions from one point to another. The route layer created has 4 sublayers (Stops, DirectionPoints, DirectionLines, and RouteInfo) I have turned off all except Stops and RouteInfo. I have attached a picture of the web map we created. 
When I try to add this map (yes I saved it) into the story map it goes back to the default map with all the original sublayers selected and the original styling. (Also attached - StoryMap)
When I add the map in, there is the option on the left hand pane to edit the map before inserting it, however this brings me bag to the web map I created with (some layers turned off, route colour/size changed).
Long story short, the map I am able to select/edit is not the map being inserted into the story map.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry, I see that is the beta map viewer in your screenshot now. This test does confirm that is how your map will look in the 4.x version of the JSAPI since it looks the same in the beta MV and the story map.

While all of the most popular layer types already are well supported in the 4.x JSAPI, there are still a few that have not fully been implemented. Over time the differences between the 3.x and 4.x JSAPI will be reduced as support for more layer types is added and enhanced. As those changes are made in the JSAPI, ArcGIS StoryMaps will immediately take advantage of them.

If you need the map to look the way it looks in the 3.x MV you can use the map to create a configurable app using one of the 3.x web mapping application templates (like Basic Viewer) and then embed that app in your story. 

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos