Sometimes able to change color of text in credit section...sometimes not?

Jump to solution
04-06-2020 07:54 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

There are two things going on here,

1. Some story maps I am able to change the color of text in the credit section when editing and sometimes I am not.
  2. Once it is published the coloring is no longer applied.

Here in one story map I can change the coloring while editing,

->

and I get,

But in another story map I made it does not change. Same workflow,

->

but it reverts back to the original color,

Either way, once I hit publish my coloring goes away. The ability to more easily distinguish links from text is important to us so users with poor eyesight can differentiate by color.

Attached are two videos showing what I mean live. If you also notice in the video if I the link again and try to apply coloring you'll see it is already applied. Also provided are two links to see what I mean.

Able to apply coloring

Cannot apply coloring

One other thing unrelated I want to point out is having to manually scroll to see blocks and options. If you notice in the videos once I get to the bottom of the screen if I try to open options if I have to manually scroll down so all the options are in view. If possible, can you make it so that when in edit mode that screen will automatically scroll to fit all options. Watch the video and it'll make sense.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Bryan -- thanks for reporting these. We're aware of both of those issues with the credits and have fixed them in our dev environment. They'll be addressed in an update coming later next month.

We're also in the process of swapping out the underlying tech we use for tooltips and popup menus since it has some inconsistencies we've not been happy with. We hope to address the scrolling issue you mentioned as part of that work.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

8 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Bryan -- thanks for reporting these. We're aware of both of those issues with the credits and have fixed them in our dev environment. They'll be addressed in an update coming later next month.

We're also in the process of swapping out the underlying tech we use for tooltips and popup menus since it has some inconsistencies we've not been happy with. We hope to address the scrolling issue you mentioned as part of that work.

Owen Evans
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cool, thanks Owen!

Say, do you have a status update on the March release? Did it get pushed back?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

The next release is planned for this week.

Owen Evans
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Bryan Hemmer‌ - the release went live earlier today.

Owen Evans
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Owen,

I'm having this issue again with being able to change the color of hyperlinks in the credits section.

I'm able to apply the color (#000FFF) when in builder mode but once I hit publish it goes back to the standard gray. However, if I apply one of the four recommended colors it will be applied when published.

Seems to be happening only in the credit section.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Status?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Bryan -- Sorry, but I'm not able to reproduce this. Do you have a story you can share that has this issue?

Here's a published story with a custom color link: ArcGIS StoryMaps 

Are there any other specific repro steps needed to observe this issue?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry for late reply as I've been out the last week.

Disregard, color is working again.