Problem attempting to update pictures and uploade Story Map

Jump to solution
02-28-2022 06:45 AM
Joaquin_Osorio
New Contributor

I'm trying to update a Story Map I created last year: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/12d5fd1859ce41ffa62e42b64c840835

However, I'm having a lot of difficulties. The edit mode is going very slow (I have lasted 30 minutes to just add two lines of text). And I can't upload any picture; the web is frozen for 5 minutes and then I get an error message. I also wanted to update two story maps I had. I managed to delete them but I can't upload the new versions (again, the web gets frozen and then I get an error message).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

I believe this was related to the issue discussed in this thread, which has been resolved.

Solved: Re: Unresponsive/slow loading to edit my Story Map - Page 2 - Esri Community

Please let us know if you are still experiencing this problem.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for reporting this issue and I'm sorry you're having trouble editing your story. Since this is an issue you are having only with the story builder, the best way to get assistance is to contact Esri Technical Support.

I don't have a reason to believe this would help the issue you mentioned, but one recommendation I have for your story is to use the Explorer Grid layout for your tours. The way your story is currently arranged the reader has so much scrolling to do that I don't think you can expect anyone to realistically read through the story or have an easy time finding a place they are interested in.

The guided tour layouts really should only be used when you have 10 or fewer tour places.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

I believe this was related to the issue discussed in this thread, which has been resolved.

Solved: Re: Unresponsive/slow loading to edit my Story Map - Page 2 - Esri Community

Please let us know if you are still experiencing this problem.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos