Select to view content in your preferred language

Photos rendering inverse colors after Publishing StoryMap

09-18-2023 12:27 PM
Labels (2)
DucksInaRiver
New Contributor III

My organization is building a series of StoryMaps and we have a large collection of photos to use from our Flickr account. I can not figure out the common denominator for when some photos render in the inverse color scheme after importing them throughout the StoryMap. Some photos are professional and some are amateur, and some are in old jpeg format and others are jpeg 2000. They are various sizes and dpi. Sometimes a photo will appear normal and then suddenly the next log in/edit session renders it inverse. I've attached a screenshot example of what I mean (See 2, 6, 7). This happens in sidecars, galleries, and throughout the entire StoryMap.  Usually it will not reveal the flaw until Publish, but in this case I can already predict these three images are going to do this. I can provide more details on photos as needed. Thanks!

DucksInaRiver_0-1695065106061.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

That is weird. Does this only happen for one user? In every browser? Have you tried clearing cache and refreshing?

0 Kudos
DucksInaRiver
New Contributor III

Hello Adrian, sorry for the late reply!

Yes, I did try a variety of those types of methods and also observed the problem on other user computers viewing the StoryMap. My assumption at this point is it may be related to the image size and quality but in ways I cannot control because they are shared images within my organization. One solution that worked was to select the embed code at the image source (on the web) and simply link the photo instead of an upload. I was concerned with the link breaking in the future so I'm not sure this will ultimately be the best solution for this particular scenario. This would be a good solution if I have full control of the host site, so we are looking into that. Thanks!

0 Kudos