Missing basic word processing features in the new Story Maps?

03-28-2020 08:18 PM
vegan_wiz
New Contributor III

I just started using the new story maps today, and either I'm not looking in the right place, or there appears to be many basic word processing features missing. I can't seem to change font size (besides heading or regular text), choose a font (besides the template fonts), emphasize particular words in a section by changing color, size, bold, italics, etc., can't change spacing between sections, etc.  There are also some cumbersome issues with text formatting, such as when doing bullet points- if a bullet text spills to the second line, I can't align the second line text with the above text, it only aligns to the bullet (see screen shot). The story map title is completely uncustomizable besides the predetermined template options. There's not as much customization as I thought there would be, but I hope the above things are in the works. See attachments. All the advanced features like embed and sidecar are nice, but let's get the basics in too.

11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree with Christian on the spacing issues. Tighten up the spacing or allow the user to adjust as necessary.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would also be great if New StoryMaps had typical bulleting/list behavior with secondary and tertiary indented lines. You know, like

• Here is my 1st point
    • But what about this?
    • And another thing.
      • This would be great to have in StoryMaps!
  • And now we are back here.

Thanks.

0 Kudos