Issues with maps in slideshow

Jump to solution
11-26-2019 10:03 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having three issues with the new slideshow, both related to maps.

Issue 1) First issue I'm having is the slideshow does not compensate for different screen sizes; specifically pop-ups. On my desktop the way I have it set up when I select a county my pop-up displays nicely. However, when I view it on a smaller screen (my laptop), the title of the pop-up is covered by the text box.

Issue 2) Second issue is that my pie chart is not sized correctly when first displayed. First time my pop-up appears the pie chart appears rather small. But if I select a different county that pop-up will display correctly. Every pop-up within that same map will be displayed correctly.

Issue 3) Third issue, and this actually spreads across all maps in StoryMaps. Titles for pop-ups do no space correctly. For instance,

Slideshow

I've noticed this in other maps as well whether the were in text, sidecar, or slideshow.

Sidecar

In text

I have attached two videos to show exactly what I mean. First is my desktop screen and the second is laptop screen. I was practicing a presentation when this issue came up so I'm glad I caught this before the big one.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Bryan -- this issue should be addressed with last week's update. Please let me know if you are still able to observe the problem.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Bryan - Thanks for providing this feedback. We'll look into issues 2 and 3. Could you share a link to the story and web map you're using so we can take a look? I can't reproduce the issue with the pie chart being a different size at first.

For issue 1, if you plan to show pop-ups you can simply move your panel to a different position so it won't overlap with the pop-ups. Just use the arrows on the narrative panel to move it to one of the other positions that works better.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

web map

story map

I took out the pie chart because of the issue but it was the Public Land Ownership layer I had it in.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Bryan -- this issue should be addressed with last week's update. Please let me know if you are still able to observe the problem.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos