Is there a way or will there be a way soon to adjust font size in the new ArcGIS Story Maps?

01-12-2021 02:51 PM
AspenN
by
Occasional Contributor

As an organization, we have a specific style guide to adhere to which focuses on things like colors, fonts, and sizes. We want to start using story maps in various ways to present and display information. I have noticed that recently, many new customization capabilities have been added, including custom colors and additional fonts. However, I do not see an option for font size. That lack is more apparent in the map tour section where the cards have even less capabilities (like simply not being able to change from paragraph to sub-heading text). The ability to change font size is very important for us to begin using story maps more widespread to match the style guide and in presentations to make the text legible. Is there a timeline for when the ability to adjust font sizes will be available? Is it currently possibly using CSS in the background? Thank you!

Tags (2)
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@AspenN -- We are looking into font size adjustment as a future enhancement, but currently do not have this specifically in our plans. I'd suggest that you post this idea here so others can vote for it. Please be sure to provide as much detail about what options you'd like to see and how you would use this capability in your stories so we can understand your needs. Others can then add their information and vote for this idea.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos